Wednesday, May 13, 2009

ASU Class of '09

I am so proud of my friend Michelle for overcoming adversity in so many ways. She is a loving mother to a beautiful boy by the name of David. Attached is a summery of Michelle, in her own words.




"I had David in high school & he was born 3 months premature. Because of that he has several disabilities. David is my pride and joy. He is defiantly a little fighter. He has undergone 28 brain operations & he's still smiling. He does not walk yet but I know that day is coming. Most of you will remember me as pretty feisty. I am still the same old Michelle but some things have changed. At age 23, desperate for change I found Jesus Christ. This is the best thing that could have ever happened to my son and I. I quickly found myself working with at-risk kids helping them stay out of the same trouble I spent years in. I found my passion and that is what I am now in school for. God works in crazy ways who would have thunk?"

Michelle is so inspirational, not just as a woman, but as a Mother. The world yours, you just have to inspire to want it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a woman...Congrats Grad! I will continue to keep her son in my prayers. I know the Lord will put nothing in their path they can not overcome. He will continue to be their Stongtower.

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin