Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Who's Deric's bestfriend?

Last night, Deric woke every 1/2 hour crying & nothing would ease him. We tried holding him, rocking him, singing to him but nothing worked. Then I stayed up to observe him. Maybe his body language would speak to me, such as a tug at the ear. About 20 min's later I saw him toss & turn with his little arm reaching.... reaching high reaching low then there goes the water works. Then I realized that Deric was searching & missing his "Blanket".

OMGoodness, I knew he loved his Blanket but I had no idea he had grown that attached to it. So there I go at 2AM washing & drying his beloved Blanket. The reason I had to put him to bed w/it is because it needed washing.

I believe this whole Blanket thing started after watching The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland. Its a movie which teaches children the importance of sharing through Elmo's trials which came due to not sharing his beloved Blanket.

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin